PNC Points Visa Credit Card is a rewards credit card offered by PNC Bank. This Credit Card gives you 4 points per $1 spent in popular categories and $0 Annual fees, making it a solid everyday card. In this article, we will discuss everything that PNC Points Visa Credit Card offers and help you decide if it is the right card for you.
PNC Points Visa Credit Card
PNC Points Visa Credit Card Detailed Review
Card type: Rewards Credit card
Credit Score Requirements: good to excellent
Rewards Rate: 4 points for every $1 on qualifying purchases
Welcome Offer: A sign-up bonus of 50,000 Points after you make $750 or more in purchases during the first 3 billing cycles following account opening.
Customer Service Number: 1-855-PNC-RWDS (1-855-762-7937)
|Intro APR||0% for 12 months|
|Regular APR||17.49% to 29.49% Variable|
|APR for Cash Advances||29.49% Variable|
|Balance Transfer APR||0% for 12 months|
Thereafter 17.49% to 29.49%, based on
|Grace Period||21 Days|
List of Fees:
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the amount (whichever is greater)|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of each foreign transaction amount in U.S. dollars|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
PNC Points Visa Credit Card Pros and Cons
PNC Points Visa Credit Card Rewards and benefits
If your new PNC credit card gets approved then you are eligible for 50,000 Bonus Points after you make $750 or more in purchases. However, this offer is valid only during the first 3 billing cycles following account opening. To avail of this offer you must apply through a link on a PNC.com page.
You will earn 4 points for every $1 on qualifying purchases. This reward is the same across all categories which means you won’t have to actively track your spending.
You can earn between 25% and 75% more bonus points for having an eligible PNC Bank checking account and meeting minimum deposit and balance requirements.
Check the latest reward rates and conditions on the official PNC website.
How to redeem PNC points rewards?
PNC Points Visa Credit Card holders are automatically enrolled in the PNC points Program and the best thing is there’s no limit to number of points you can earn.
PNC Pay on your Android device allows you to pay for purchases with just a tap for thousands of valuable rewards – including cash, travel, merchandise, gift cards and more.
- PNC points Gift Cards: Starbucks, Walmart, Amazon, BP Gas, Home Depot, Target
- Merchandise: Samsung Galaxy, Nintendo Switch and more
- Apple purchases: iPad, Airpods, iPhone, Apple Watch
- Travel: Hilton, American Airlines, Delta
- Cell phone protection (if you pay your wireless bill with the card, you can get reimbursed up to $800 if your cell phone is stolen or damaged)
- Contactless payment capability
- Integration with PNC Virtual Wallet
- Online account management tools
PNC Points Visa Credit Card Security Features
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection: If you report your card or card number is lost, you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised transactions.
- PNC Easy Lock: lock your card in real-time if misplaced or lost.
- Real-time Alerts: Receive live email or text message alerts when your card is used online.
Why you might want to consider an alternate Credit Card?
- Points Expire and Cannot Be Transferred: All points expire 48 months after they were added to your PNC points account.
- 3% foreign transaction fee: This makes it not a suitable choice for travelling outside the U.S.
- How much are PNC points worth? The points are worth less compared to other cards available in the market
- PNC has a limited number of branches across the country. Most of the branches are located in highly populated cities while other locations only provide partner ATMs.
Comparison with other Similar Credit Cards
Is PNC Points Visa Credit Card worth applying for?
This is overall a good credit card that offers reward points in a lot of categories. But this card is only suitable for existing PNC banking customers who can meet the 25%, 50% and 75% bonus rate requirements.
However, If you are not already a PNC customer you might find a lot better options available in the market. This card just does not provide a lot of features and the PNC points are worth less compared to other cards.
How do I apply for PNC Points Visa Credit Card?
You can apply for this credit card online by visiting PNC’s official website and filling in all the required details. Keep in mind that a credit score of good to excellent is required for PNC Points Visa Credit Card.
You can redeem your points in the PNC Reward Center by logging into Online Banking, using the PNC Mobile app, or by calling 1-855-PNC-RWDS (1-855-762-7937).
All points expire 48 months after they were added to your PNC points account.
You can contact 1-855-PNC-RWDS (1-855-762-7937) for support from PNC customer service.
5 PNC rewards points are worth about $0.01 for cash back.
Credit Score Requirements: good to excellent