The PNC Core Visa Credit Card is a balance transfer credit card from PNC Bank. This credit card gives you a 0% APR offer for 15 months upon signing up. If you’re wondering whether this PNC card is the right card for you, we have provided all the necessary details ahead.
PNC Core Visa Credit Card
PNC Core Visa Credit Card Detailed Review
Card type: Balance transfer Credit card
Credit Score Requirements: Good/Excellent
Rewards Rate: No rewards
Welcome Offer: Currently no sign-up bonus
Customer Service Number: tel:18007622265
PNC Core Visa Credit Card Interest Rates:
|Intro APR||0% for 15 months|
|Regular APR||15.49% to 27.49% Variable|
|APR for Cash Advances||29.49% Variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||0% for 15 months|
|Regular Balance Transfer APR||15.49% to 27.49%, based on|
|Grace Period||21 Days|
List of Fees:
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the amount (whichever is greater)|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of each foreign transaction amount in U.S. dollars|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
What are the Pros and Cons
PNC Core Visa Credit Card benefits and features
Purchase APR Offer
You will be greeted with an introductory 0% APR on purchases for the first 15 months following account opening. This is longer than what most cards offer which is 12 months. Following this, the regular APR is 15.49% to 27.49%, based on creditworthiness and this rate varies with time.
Balance Transfer Offer
PNC Core Visa Credit Card is currently offering an introductory 0% APR on balance transfer for the first 15 months of account opening. Thereafter the regular rate is 15.49% to 27.49%, which is variable with the market based on the prime rate.
Check the latest rates and conditions on the official PNC website.
- Cell phone protection (if you pay your wireless bill with the card, you can get reimbursed up to $800 if your cell phone is stolen or damaged)
- Contactless payment capability
- Integration with PNC Virtual Wallet
- Online account management tools
PNC Points Visa Credit Card Security Features
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection: If you report your card or card number is lost, you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised transactions.
- PNC Easy Lock: lock your card in real-time if misplaced or lost.
- Real-time Alerts: Receive live email or text message alerts when your card is used online.
Why you might want to consider an alternate Credit Card?
- No rewards program: There are no reward points offers on any kind of purchase which makes this a less attractive option compared to other cards.
- 3% foreign transaction fee: The foreign transaction fee on this card makes it not a suitable choice for travelling outside the U.S. So if you are a frequent traveller then this card might not be a good choice for you.
- No welcome bonus: Most of the other cards offer a good welcome offer at the time of sign up which is a major drawback of this card.
- PNC has a limited number of branches across the country. Most of the branches are located in highly populated cities while other locations only provide partner ATMs.
Comparison with other Similar Credit Cards
Is PNC Core Visa Credit Card worth applying for?
PNC Core Visa Credit Card card includes standard features found in other competitors – online account management and bill payment, $0 fraud liability, and no annual fee but there’s not much to add to this list. The only benefit it provides is its low-interest rates. You can check out this card only if you are an existing PNC banking customer.
PNC has a limited number of branches across the country so if you are not already a PNC customer you might find a lot better options available in the market.
How do I apply for PNC Core Visa Credit Card?
- You can apply online by visiting the PNC’s official website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Reverify and submit your application.
You must have a Good/Excellent credit score to get this card.
Yes PNC does check credit scores and other details before approving.
You’ll receive a decision on your PNC credit card application within 7-10 business days.