PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card is one of the cash back credit cards in the list of PNC credit cards. This rewards credit card offers rewards of up to 4% Cash Back on various categories and No Annual Fee. While it has only a modest welcome bonus, this might be one of the best credit cards offered by PNC. In this PNC Cash Rewards Card review, we will help you find out whether this card suits your needs.
PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card
PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card Review In Depth
Card type: Cash back Credit Card
Credit Score Requirements: Good/Excellent
PNC Rewards Rate:
- 4% cash back on gas station purchases
- 3% cash back on dining purchases
- 2% cash back on grocery store purchases
- 1% cash back on other purchases
Welcome Offer: $200 Bonus after you make $1,000 or more in purchases during the first 3 months
PNC Customer Service Number: t 1-855-PNC-RWDS (1-855-762-7937)
PNC credit card Interest Rates:
|Intro APR||No intro APR offers available|
|Regular APR||18.49% to 29.49% Variable|
|APR for Cash Advances||29.49% Variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||0% for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer APR||18.49% to 29.49% based on your creditworthiness|
|Grace Period||21 Days|
List of Fees:
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the amount (whichever is greater)|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of each foreign transaction amount in U.S. dollars|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card Pros and Cons
PNC Cash Rewards Credit Card Rewards and Benefits
If you are approved for this PNC credit card you can earn a sign-up bonus of $200 after you make $1,000 or more in purchases during the first 3 billing cycles. The applicants must know that this bonus is only available if they apply through a link on a PNC bank official page on which the bonus is offered.
PNC Cash Back Rewards
Cardholders can earn up to 4% cash back with the PNC Cash Rewards Credit Card and the best part is cash back never expires as long as your account is open.
So how do PNC cash rewards work? The rewards are mainly distributed as follows, 4% on gas station purchases, 3% on dining purchases at restaurants, 2% on grocery store purchases and at least 1% cash back on purchases everywhere else.
This is one of the best cards you can find for gas rewards. With 4% off all gas purchases which is one of the best cash-back rates, you can get on a card with no annual fee.
There is a limit cap of $8,000 in combined purchases in these categories annually. Check the latest reward rates and conditions on the official PNC website.
How to redeem PNC rewards?
There are not many options in regards to receiving or using your cash rewards payments making the process pretty inflexible. The two main options available to you are
- Online Banking or in the PNC Mobile app
- Getting your cash back deposited into a PNC account
- Getting your cash back as a statement credit
However, you need to take note that a minimum of $25 in cash back rewards is required to redeem.
- Cell phone protection (if you pay your wireless bill with the card, you can get reimbursed up to $800 if your cell phone is stolen or damaged)
- Contactless payment capability
- PNC Mobile app
- Online account management tools
PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card Security Features
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection: If you report your card or card number is lost, you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised transactions.
- PNC Easy Lock: lock your card in real-time if misplaced or lost.
- Real-time Alerts: Receive live email or text message alerts when your card is used online.
Why you might want to consider an alternate Credit Card?
- Limited options for redeeming rewards: Can’t redeem cash for gift cards, travel or other rewards
- Less competitive sign-on bonus
- Bonus spending is limited to $8,000 a year
- At least $25 cash back is required to redeem cash
- 3% foreign transaction fee: This makes it not a suitable choice for travelling outside the U.S.
- There is no introductory APR offer on purchases.
- PNC has a limited number of branches across the country. Most of the branches are located in highly populated cities while other locations only provide partner ATMs.
Comparison with other Similar Credit Cards
Is PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card worth applying for?
PNC Cash Rewards Card could be a good option for people who can take full advantage of the bonus categories, especially the gas station bonus reward. You can maximize your rewards earnings by using your card for all your gas and restaurant spending.
It suits those who don’t spend much because the overall bonus category purchase cap for this card is $8,000 a year. Beyond this limit, the rewards are limited to just 1%.
The 3% foreign transaction fee makes it a bad choice for people who travel a lot. Also, remember this card is available only in cities that have PNC branches and PNC does not have operations in all cities.
How do I apply for PNC Cash Rewards Visa Credit Card?
- You can apply online by visiting the PNC’s official website.
- Fill in the application form. You will typically need to provide general financial information, such as your Social Security Number, address, and annual income.
- Reverify your details and submit your application.
No, you don’t need an account to get this card.
The credit score required for approval is Good to Excellent and PNC will also very other financial details before approving this rewards credit card
The credit score required for approval is Good to Excellent
An APR of 18.49% to 29.49% is applicable according to your creditworthiness.